About Me

I am a 49 year old mother of 3 grown children, grandmother to 3 handsome grandsons (with one more on the way), 3 very large dogs, 1 goat, 4 chickens living a VERY simple life in Upstate New York. Sharing this with the man I have loved since I was 14 -but only been with for 1 year. This is the story...

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Then...

When I was 14 years old i began middle school and little did i know but i met the man of my dreams that year, his name was Stan. He and I dated off and on until we were 17 years old. The grass always looks greener when you are a teenage boy, you want to date girls with last names like "Will", "Might", and "Did" - not a girl whose middle name was "Stop" and whose confirmation name was "Don't", if you get what i mean. A month after our 17th birthday (we were born a week apart)he broke up with me and i swore i would never take him back (nevers a long time people).

I met a young man a month later, we were engaged 2 months after that. The first thing i thought of when he slipped the engagement ring on my finger was "I can't wait to show Stan - this my friends should've been a hint that maybe this engagement should not happen. But i sure did prove to Stan that i didn't need him anymore ... didn't I?

The night before my wedding my maid of honor called Stan to let him know when the wedding was to take place. Why you ask? Because I asked her to (2nd hint? Probably). When I got to the church there were many whispers that Stan was outside,I looked and saw him there, he came to the wedding to "take me away". I didn't know his intentions until many years later. He spoke with my father who told him I was happy and if Stan loved me he needed to leave and not do this to me on "the happiest day of my life". What dad didnt know was that if Stan had come into the church i would've gone with him.

I didn't see Stan for the next 30 years...but thought of him often.

Scroll down to "And it begins" for the full story
More Later...

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your story. Thanks also for the memory -- the sign in your photo says Oneonta. My brothers went to school there and I used to visit them often. It's been a long time since then, but the memories are happy.

    Come visit me on faithonthehighwire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete